Raw Talent will be a collaborative network of business owners, young people, employers and educators who share a common purpose – to ensure every young person in our community gains useful and relevant experience of work and enterprise and the skills and confidence to create the future they want.
- A social enterprise with cooperative governance structure – decision-making in the hands of a broad membership of young people and employers.
- Grown from the community in which young people live, engaging parents and local businesses
- Building peer support to create an environment within which young people feel supported to explore and develop their potential.
- Inclusive – works with all pupils drawing on the skills and connections of all parents and the wider community to support those who lack “social capital”
- Funded from public, corporate and enterprise sources with community shares
- Young people learn by doing – real experience of work and enterprise
What will Raw Talent do?
- Recruit employers to increase the quantity and quality of work experience opportunities to 14-16 year olds in Lambeth
- Organise high quality accredited employer led programmes to inspire and engage young people
- Establish “hubs” within secondary schools to provide one to one coaching, peer support and guidance
- Develop an enterprise challenge where young people develop business ideas that help solve local problems